Posted by: Sam | 2010-04-07

Vaginal infection

Dear Doc. My gynae said i have a vaginal infection - something starting with a ''c then pneumonia''. He said no oral antibiotics will cure this- i would need an intra-muscular med. Which med would you suggest? or would you suggest something different for me to try? Many thanks!

This is a very unusual bacteria to found in a vaginal infection. Klebsiella usually causes gastro-intestinal infections, as well as chest infections. It naturally occurs in our bodies and are usually opportunistic infections in people with a lowered immunity. The drug of choice is a third generation cephalosporin.

Are you sure it is Klebsiella and not Chlamidia? Did your gynae do a full STD screen?