Question
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/19

vaginal infection

I have had a vaginal infection for approx 3.5 months now. Been to GP and gynae who have done a smear and taken some other samples. Was first diagnosed as yeast and treated, then non-specific bacterial infection which was treated and when the symptoms didn't go away I went for more tests and they are now saying it is NOT fungal, bacterial or protozoan. The GP says she has run out of ideas so I am now taking vaginal probiotic capsules to see if that helps. No improvement though. Symptoms are - slight itchiness, the outside is really red and there is a small portion with a white coating - I don't know how else to describe. No discharge and no odour. I haven't changed my diet, washing powder, condoms or done anything I can think of that would cause the condition for so long. Any ideas as to what it could be?

It sounds like a vulval skin lesion. Suggest seeing a gynae with an interest in vulval diseases or a dermatologist.