Posted by: Hazel | 2013-02-08

Vaginal Farts

Dear Doc

What I meant on question no. 201 is fart not wart, as in farting (an act or releasing air), but not at the back but on vagina. What causes that and how can it be prevented? I am not sexually active for the past 3 year and it is still happening, like it was happening when I was active.

Dear Hazel,

I would recommend you consulting your gynaecologist for an assessment. The phenomenon of vaginal flatulence after sexual intercourse is well known and understood.

Vaginal flatuluence occurring separate from sexual intercourse could be as a result of a fistula (connection between bowel and vagina). This could be as the result of child birth or surgery for example. Otherwise certain vaginal infections need to be ruled out too. Thus best to have your gynae examine you.

Posted by: Hazel | 2013-02-08

Thanks for your concern Anonxxx but I am fine, I am not " hungry" .

Reply to Hazel
Posted by: Anonxxx | 2013-02-08

Any reason why you''ve not been sexually active for the past 3 years? Surely by now you must be ''hungry''?

Reply to Anonxxx