Posted by: Shibby | 2009-03-24

Vaginal Dryness, pain &  No sexdrive

I am writing to you because Gynae Doc does not answer any questions and this is URGENT!

I experience extreme pain when I have sex with my partner. We have been together for 3.5 years, and are getting married next year. What'  s been worrying me though, is the increased vaginal dryness that I am experiencing, as well as sharp pain that seems to be in my womb area while having sex. I also experience extreme burning sensation when he ejaculates and cry because it is so painful.This has been worsening over the past year. I have always had a problem with being "  dry"  , but it has never been this alarming. My sex drive has diminished and it affects me emotionally. My periods are becoming more painful every month,and I also experience pain when inserting tampons. My worry is that I we are getting married, and at this point, I could live without sex and I'  m only 23 years old!!! I am on the Pill (Yasmin) as well as anti-depressants: Wellbutrin, Lamictin, Cipralex. I also have a history of problems with my Colon, as well as recurring Yeast/Candida Infections. I have read that the Pill could be the cause of vaginal dryness, and thus I want to stop using it and opt for condoms. Also, has Wellbutrin XL, Lamictin or Cypralex got a history of causing these symptoms??My gynae is only available at the end of April, but I can'  t live with this anymore!!!!!!!!

Dear Shibby,

The range of symptoms you describe are rather diverse and there are multiple possibilities that could not be appropriately addressed in this forum.

I strongly advise you to consult your GP, who may need to refer you to a gynaecologist who would need to do a thorough physical and other examinations and tests to best advise you how to address your difficulties.