Question
Posted by: Shibby | 2009-03-24

Vaginal Dryness?

I am writing to you as Gynaedoc does not reply to questions!

I experience extreme pain when I have sex with my partner. We have been together for 3.5 years, and are getting married next year. What' s been worrying me though, is the increased vaginal dryness that I am experiencing, as well as sharp pain that seems to be in my womb area while having sex. I also experience intense burning (like FIRE) when he ejaculates in me. This has been worsening over the past year. I have always had a problem with being " dry" , but it has never been this alarming. My sex drive has diminished and it affects me emotionally. My periods are becoming more painful every month,and I also experience pain when inserting tampons. My worry is that I we are getting married, and at this point, I could live without sex and I'  m only 23 years old!!! I am on the Pill (Yasmin) as well as anti-depressants: Wellbutrin, Lamictin, Cipralex. I also have a history of problems with my Colon, as well as recurring Yeast/Candida Infections. I have read that the Pill could be the cause of vaginal dryness, and thus I want to stop using it and opt for condoms. Also, has Wellbutrin XL, Lamictin or Cypralex got a history of causing these symptoms??My gynae is only available at the end of April, but I can'  t live with this anymore!!!!!!!!

Dear Shibby
Cypralex and Lamictin could cause vaginal dryness and low libido. However a sharp pain in your womb with sex and painful periods are never normal and you should see a gynecologist to see if you have any signs of infection, ovarian cysts, endometriosis or a retroverted uterus. Ask his secretary to give you a call when there is a cancellation or to give you an emergency appointment. Try KY jelly when you have sex, to lubricate - always. I think it may help to use an alternative form of contraception like the Mirena IUD instead of the pill.