Posted by: Shibby | 2009-03-24

vaginal dryness?

I experience extreme pain when I have sex with my partner. We have been together for 3.5 years, and are getting married next year. What' s been worrying me though, is the increased vaginal dryness that I am experiencing, as well as sharp pain that seems to be in my womb area while having sex. This has been worsening over the past year. I have always had a problem with being " dry" , but it has never been this alarming. My sex drive has diminished and it affects me emotionally. My periods are becoming more painful every month,and I also experience pain when inserting tampons. My worry is that I we are getting married, and at this point, I could live without sex and I' m only 23 years old!!! I am on the Pill (Yasmin) as well as anti-depressants: Wellbutrin, Lamictin, Cipralex. I also have a history of problems with my Colon, as well as recurring Yeast/Candida Infections. I have read that the Pill could be the cause of vaginal dryness, and thus I want to stop using it and opt for condoms. Also, has Wellbutrin XL, Lamictin or Cypralex got a history of causing these symptoms??My gynae is only available at the end of April, but I can' t live with this anymore!!!!!!!!

Your antidepressants could certainly be interfering with your libido. If you are not aroused you will be dry. the Pill may also contribute to the dryness, but I think the main problem is the lack of libido. This is a difficult problem to deal with, as I presume that you need the antidepressants. The burning is probably because of friction in your vagina from the dryness. Have you tried using KY jelly?

Posted by: Jelly Bean | 2009-03-24

Hi ME, pls advise how to use egg - do u rub on everyday or just use when having intercourse ?

Reply to Jelly Bean
Posted by: ME | 2009-03-24

Why dont you go to your gyne? He need to run some tests on you. For the dryness i can recommend one of mother natures most safest tips ever. Use a raw egg white (not stored in the fridge!) I still believe that was my special secret for getting pregnant. You need that wetness if you want to get pregnant. Since you are on the pill, its still very safe to you. (NO yellow of the egg!)

Reply to ME
Posted by: Shibby | 2009-03-24

I also forgot to add, that I have extreme burning, every time my partner ejaculates in me. It is so sore that I cry, because I don' t know how to stop this intense burning. I take a bath every time after we' ve had sex, to ease the burning. He doesn' t ejaculate in me every time, because it is so painful. But he has ejaculated in me when it wasn' t this painful, and then a week or so later, when he does again, it is extreme pain all over again. Could this also be because of vaginal dryness??????

Reply to Shibby