Question
Posted by: Aly | 2010/03/04

Vaginal discharge in young girls

My almost 9 year old daugter has a vaginal discharge the past couple of day (she showed me her underwear). she does not feel sick. She has a bit of a sinus drip, but i dont know if that has any thing to do with it. Should I take her to doc? Can girls so young have a vaginal discharge. I dont let her bath in bubbles etc. she only use white soap. what else can cause this?

It is not uncommon for young girls to hve discharge sand thrush is the commonest cause. Try using some Canesten cream. If this does not help she should see a doctor.

1