Posted by: Nadia | 2009-02-26

Vaginal Bleeding vs Period

Hi, my question is...

If I had unprotected sex on Day 10 of my cycle (1st of January)and thereafter have been experiencing symptoms like constipation, bloating, frequent urination, slight pelvic pain, back pain, headaches, feeling tired, blue veins over my body especially on boobs and abdomen area, etc.

I am not on any birth control and usually have heavy periods of 6 days, with lots of cramping and back pain.

On the 23rd of January I started bleeding, but it was lighter than normal period and only lasted 4 days.

This month I started bleeding on the 23rd but much lighter. Sorry for the graphics but it almost seemed like watered down blood. Not as thick as with my period and no real cramping. This time it lasted for 3 days and then just brownish discharge.

I still experience a bloated feeling in my uterus area, its hard.

Ive heard a lot of stories where pregnant women have period like bleeding (but lighter) in the first trimester.

Was wondering if this was a possibility and if it is worth going to have a blood test done?

Pls help.

Dear Nadia
It is possible that you could be pregnant, rather do a test ( you can do the home pregnancy urine test you buy at a pharmacy)