Posted by: March | 2011-11-26

Vaginal and anal problems

Hi, I have noticed that many women complain about the size of their vagina''s after birth (being loose and bigger etc). I recently found out that there are actually physiotherapists who teach you together with a nerve stimulator machine how to do the kegel exercises properly. They insert a probe and the machine monitors and stimulate the probe thereby " waking"  up the nerves and teaches your muscles how to contract etc. I have had relief from urinary incontinence, have a tightened vagina and it has worked miracles for my body. There is also help for people who have had piles removed and might experience anal incontinence due to bad surgery or scarring.
I therefore dont have a question, just thought I would throw it out there to those who might need some intervention since nobody (not even the doctors or gynaecologists) told me about this treatment. After 8 sessions, my body feels like it did before I had babies.

Dear March,

Thank you very much for sharing. There have been significant development in the field of physiotherapists who specialise in the pelvic floor and contributions they make to sexuality and other issues.