Question
Posted by: MKOTI | 2010/11/19

VAGINA NOISE

Hi Doctor,
please help me, my vagina makes a noise as if I am farting. What may be the cause of this? I feel so embarrased after making love with my boyfriend:-(

Worse he is young and I'm 5 years older than him - I'm scared he might leave me please help....

What you are describing is commonly known as “fanny farts”; “vagina flatulence” or “queef”. Although it can be embarrassing it is harmless and odorless. It is basically air that are let into the vagina during the sexual intercourse and as the vaginal walls contract the air is pushed out causing a fart like sound. There are however some tips that could help to minimize the “farting” – the following link might be worth reading - http://www.ehow.com/how_4853363_prevent-vaginal-flatulence.html
You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

6
Posted by: j@zz | 2010/11/26

beat boxing

Reply to j@zz
Posted by: wolverine | 2010/11/26

FARTING NOISES???? just be thankful they don''t stink ....noises!

Reply to wolverine
Posted by: gabriel | 2010/11/22

Why is this such an issue with women? There''s absolutely nothing off-putting or unflattering about fanny farts. It''s a natural occurrence brought about during the most intimate and beautiful acts two partners can partake in. If your partner can''t see the beauty in it then he probably sees you and him being intimate as simply sex. You find many men, myself included, who think fanny farts are sexy. My girlfriend better recognise that everything about her turns me on! Nothing freaks me out when it comes to her. I was stimulating her g-spot one day and she pee''d on me. As disgusting as that may sound it''s something that''s likely to happen when stimulating a woman''s g-spot and the fact that we''re completely comfortable with each other made it a condusive environment for us to giggle about it and carry on. Same as fanny farts. It''s likely to happen because your partner is thrusting into you. So stop worrying about it. Embrace your femininity and all that goes with it.

Reply to gabriel
Posted by: gabriel | 2010/11/22

Reply to gabriel

I am starting to think this is a common thing with females - I think you the 5th female asking this question. Now I dont feel so bad. I have the same problem and dont go doggy on me then its winds away. It is embarassing but I always console myself by telling my hubby that he pumped to much air in my pie hole. And when that sounds starts, I try and take his attention away from it by turning around and using the other hole that is less noisy. Its part of life and part of being a women.

Anon

Posted by: sexologist | 2010/11/19

Reply to sexologist