Question
Posted by: THERESA EDWARDS | 2012/05/01

Vacinations

Please can you give me the correct order or Dog Vaccinations from Puppy to adulthood ... when and which ones?

Hi Theresa

I do a 3 vaccination protocol that starts at 6weeks of age.
1st vaccination: vaccinate against Canine Distemper, Infectious Hepatitis, Parvovirus
2nd vaccination: as above plus leptospirosis and rabies.
3rd vaccination: repeat of 2nd vaccination
Each vaccination is one month apart.

Annual vaccination - rotate between 1st and 2nd vaccination with rabies.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

2
Posted by: Noman | 2012/06/10

Here in NY they have to be a minimum of 12 weeks old for their first raebis vaccination. That vaccine is good for only 1 year. After that, boosters are good for 3 years.Because I do live in the woods, I do vaccinate my pups this young. Until then, they are in an expen, within my fenced yard so there is no chance an unvaccinated dog can have contact with wildlife accidentally. I remember reading a couple years ago how a Leonberger breeder in NJ put her pups in an expen at 4 weeks and a rabid skunk came up to the expen and bit a few of them. They lost the entire litter and the humans had to have post exposure treatment. With this incident too close to home for my comfort, I do what I can as a precaution.

Reply to Noman
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/05/14

Hi Theresa

Each vaccination is one month apart.

Kind regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet