Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/05/18

Vaccuum pump

Hi all, Im 59 + on medication 4 stress + stress related hypertension + altthough we r very much still sexually active the medication interferes with my erection. Doc. says there is nothing else wrong. I still get erction but it is not what it should be. I use a vaccuum pump to help it along + it works beautifully. Once I have full erection with the use of the pump then it''s ok. Can prolonged use of the vaccuum pump do any damage to my penis over a period of time? I don''t want 2 use medication 4 sex also.

Dear Concerned,

According to MedicineNet.com the following side effects are noted with the use of a vacuum pump.

An erection obtained by the vacuum constriction device is not the same as an erection achieved naturally. The penis tends to be purplish in color and can be cold or numb. Other side effects can include:

A black and blue mark or small area of bruising on the shaft of the penis. This is usually painless and generally will resolve in a few days.

Decrease in the force of the ejaculation. The constriction band traps the ejaculate or semen at the time of orgasm. This is not dangerous and usually does not cause pain. The semen will usually dribble out once the constriction band is removed. Generally, this does not interfere with the pleasure of a climax or orgasm.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/19

Dear Concerned,

Reply to sexologist