Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012/09/10

vaccines for HPV

We have recently discovered that my husband of 3 years has genital warts. (from his previous partner). he is using ointment and in future i suppose we will always wear a condom. I am petrified and actually would prefer not to have sex again, but this is not an option. Could you tell me if getting Gardasil or Ceravix vaccines could help, in case i dont have it. gardasil protects against 4 strains, Cervarix 2. ( we were told its not HPV16)
Please give me any advice. I am 43. What are the chances of me getting it from his thighs? (no lessions/warts visible there)
thanx.

It is unlikely that you do not have HPV already if you have had regular intercourse with your husband for some time. HPV is not always symptomatic. You can have tests to check if you have it, but the vaccine is really useful in people whoi have not been exposed.

1