Question
Posted by: Shirl | 2008/10/06

VACCINE OR INJECTIONS

My son is leaving for the DRC soon and I want to know where he can go for the yellow fever injection he is working in the Free State at the moment, is there a hospital or clinic that he can go to in the Free State.

Also what mprocautions must be taken for the haemorrhagic fever
is it prevailent in the Congo or DRC.

An early reply will be appreciated.

Hallo Shirl
He can go to a netcare travel clinic for the injection, Universitas should also have a clinic that can give yellowfever injections. There isn't a vaccine for haemorrhagic fever, but it is usually only transmitted if a person has direct contact with a sick person.. Let him discuss with the travel clinic as they get regular updates about which areas are dangerous to visit.