Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/03/09

Vaccinations

Hi Doc.

I''m in my late 20s. I''ve never had chicken pox and when I was about 14 yrs old, I had a rash on my face that lasted for about a week after treatment with medication and an ointment - I don''t know whether that was measles.
I''m now worried that I may catch either of these in adulthood. Should I get vaccinated against them?? I also have a small child who''s been vaccinated against these. Do the vaccinations eliminate or simply minimise the chances of contracting these, or do they just minimise the severity of the infection?
Thank you.

Hallo Anonymous
The vaccines would normally prevent contracting the disease and yes, you can be vaccinated even though you are an adult. Discuss with your GP

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/09

Hallo Anonymous

Reply to cyberdoc