Question
Posted by: Thailand | 2011/11/15

Vac

Im traveling to Thailand in Dec, what vaccines are recommended and how far in advance. Are there any side effects because i dont want to be sick on my Holiday.

Is the Hep A vaccine necessarry, if i had yellow jaundice about 8-10 yrs ago?

Thailand

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Thailand,

You will not need Hep A as you are now immune.
You should ensure Tetanus is uptodate and definately have a Typhoid vaccination with all the flooding. I would take Azithromycin with to treat Gastro if required.Respiratory infections are the most likely irritations to the holiday and a flu shot is not a bad idea.

Remember no medicines with codiene to be taken along. All medicines are freely available in the shops but could be fakes!

Regards,
Pete

1
Posted by: Travel expert | 2011/11/17

Dear Thailand,

Regards,
Pete

Reply to Travel expert