Question
Posted by: Jani | 2009-10-03

Utrogestan and missed period

After using Yasmin for a year and 4 months,I have stopped it in January to try and fall pregnant. We only started trying in May. In June 2 gynaes diagnosed polycystic ovaries (not the syndrome). I' m 23 years old, weight 65, height 1.7. No other medical conditions, no insulin resistance... After stopping Yasmin, my cycles were mixed up, sometimes it was 36 days, the next month 42 days, next 50, next 49... The longest was 50 days. My gynae put be on Utrogestan to try and get my cycles normal again. I' ve used it for about 4 cycles now.
Now, with the last 2 cycles my cycle was 23 days and on day 24 my period started. The next cycle was the same, started on day 24. But now this month, day 24 came and went, its day 32 now already. Did 3 home pregnacy tests already (3 consecutive days), all negative?
Could I be pregnant, or what can be the cause?

Jani

It sounds like you are still not ovulating regularly. If this is the case and you have polycystic ovaries, you may need ovulation stimulating medication to help you fall pregnant.