Posted by: Very Worried | 2009-02-19

I have been using Utrogestan now since I was 5 weeks pregnant, because I tend to miscarry in the early stage of pregnancy. Now I am 11 weeks pregnant and is still using those tablets (inserted into the vagina) until I see my gynae next week. I now found out from another lady that Utrogestan actually caused her to miscarry.
How safe is this to use in pregnancy? I am now very stressed out. Also can Utrogestan cause diahree?

I agree with Posh.

Posted by: POSH | 2009-02-20

Dont need to worry about that the doc wont give you something that will harm you, i have been using it since 7 weeks and i am now 11 and half weeks today and i was bleeding all the time and doc said to take 2 twice a day and so far everything is looking up, probably your friends pregnancy was too complicated and the pills could not help her so please dont stress, utrogestan supports pregnancy so it wont cause you to miscarry just remember to take it everyday and everything will be fine and if you are spotting call doc immediately. you are lucky you are taking them vaginally mine are orally. this too shall pass lets just relax i am also worried about my pregnancy but i trust my gyeno
good luck

Reply to POSH