Posted by: Melanie Smith | 2009-09-27

Uticaria during ovulation and mentral cycle

I have suffered from uticaria since the age of 11 and was treated with Corisone and Antihistamine. I have also had the skin prick test, so I knowwhat I am allergic to. It dissapeared when I feel pregant and reappeared when I went back onto the contraceptive. I then monitored when it was at it was worse and it was when I took the red tablets. I told my Dr who told me to stop the pill and have the loop inserted. I did this and it dissapeared for 11 years, but in April this year it reappeared and I have noticed that is worse when ovulating and before I menstrate. Could this be hormonal, as I am turning 40 shortly? Would it be best to see a Dermo Doc or Gyno Doc?

It is possible that your problem is exacerbated by hormones, but htis is probably not the primary cause. You should see a dermatologist.