Question
Posted by: Leyya | 2010/06/08

UTI and thrush

Hi Doc. I was diagnosed with a uti and thrush several weeks ago. it did clear up but now has returned (within a spaec of a month). is it possible that my husband could be carrying the infection? we had sex during the time before which my infection was first diagnosed and we continued after it had cleared. i just think it strange that the infection has returned after we have had sex? please advise.

Hallo Leyya
There are many causes of repeated infections, you may have given it to your husband before you were treated and he may have re-infected you. It can also be caused by medications (antibiotics) or wiping the wrong way (back to front) or just having a problem with the pH balance in the vagina. The thrush may also not have cleared up totally the first time. Please ask your doctor to treat both you and your husband this time

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/08

Hallo Leyya