Question
Posted by: nobs | 2008/08/15

UTI and antibiotics.

i am 24 weeks pregnant and recently had an infection that resulted in bloody urine. the urine sample was tested and results came back- i have a proteaus bacteria which is resistant to amoxil, even though i treated it with amoxil and responded. i' ve been prescribed another antibiotic named-nalidixic acid 1g for 7 days,isthis safe to use now. my doctor said she doesnot know please help before i harm my baby! this is the second time i got the infection, the last time was when i was 9 weeks pregnant. it got cleared by amoxil.
ps: i keep good hygiene and pee everytime after sex.

It is safe to use in pregnancy.

1
Posted by: Matilda | 2009/03/17

Dear doctor

My baby is 4 months old and the peadiatrician prescibed amoxil for him because he had a blocked nose.
I did not complete the course, last time I gave him amoxil was monday morning (16 March 2009) because he had an appointment for his last injection for the hipatitis B, ..... for today (tuesday 17 March 2009). Storks nest told me that I should rather wait a week before he gets his injections. I would like to know if i did very wrong in not completing the amoxil course. I am more concerned with getting him his injection. I hope I did not mess up his immune system.
Please respond

Reply to Matilda