Posted by: Zee | 2012-01-30

My daughter is 15yrs old has been diagnosed with UTI since December last year. She has been prescribed different antibiotics which only works for few weeks and the infection returns. We been to different doctors, clinic, Sunday 29-01-12 she was referred to Baragwanath Hospital for further assesments. She is still in pain, could not go to school for the whole of last week and today. Blood test and urinary test were done and was prescribed Ciprobay.

Please advise what else can I try to heal her as she is loosing out at school. My child has lost lots of weight due to this and I am also stressed. Why is this infection so resistant.

Unfortunately, your daughter will have to consult an urologist. It is possible that the infection is resistant due to a structural abnormality of the urinary tract. Small valves can occur that causes urine to accumulate and become infected. She will need a cystoscopy to evaluate the kidney tract and special x-rays. I am unable to suggest any over the counter medication that will be effective.