Question
Posted by: Mels | 2010/01/25

UTI

Hi Doc. Please can you tell me what over-the-counter medication can I use to clear up a UTI. I am experiencing a lot of back ache as well. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent this from happening often cause I seem to get it every 2-3 months. Does sex add to this, although my husband seems to be fine &  never gets any infections. Are there any other causes?

If you have frequent UTIs, I would suggest that you see a doctor. An underlying abnormality of the urinary tract can cause this. You can try Citrosoda, but may need antibiotics.

2
Posted by: Jolene | 2010/01/26

I used to suffer from UTI' s all the time and I take Cranberry supplements. They are a bit expensive but they really do work!
Good Luck

Reply to Jolene