Question
Posted by: bladder | 2008/12/13

uti

Hi Doc,

I am continuously suffering from bladder infections, even after going on antibiotics twice. The test shows I have proteins in my urine. I have been drinking about 2 liters of water a day and it still won' t go away.

Do you have any advice for me?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You will have to have a formal urine MC&S (urine analysis) done, with emphasis on the pathogen that is causing the urinary tract infection and the effective treatment (what type of antibiotics) thereof.

It is possible that the infection is resistant to the antibiotics that you received.

Kind regards