Question
Posted by: Sally | 2008/08/04

UTI

I wrote to you a while ago and you asked me to get back to you r UTI? and pain in anal area. Went to the doc today finally as noticed light pink on toilet paper after urination and he tested this, definit infection and blood in urine and the purple was very bright purple in dipstix? Is this just for infection? Also, he said the pain in the anal area is not a nerve problem as not in right area and did an internal finger exam and said he is not happy as he feels something there in the area of the previous surgery (smooth area) where I had the adenocarcinoma tumor removed, so this is worrying but am going to to have a sigmoidscopy next week and possible biopsy. Hope it is just a misread by the GP! Thanks for your help, ppreciated.

Hi Sally
Bright purple on the dipstix is usually a sign of pus (white blood cells) in the urine. Let me know what the results of the biopsy and sigmoidoscopy is - hope nothing serious! Will be thinking of you.