Posted by: sckyler | 2011-10-21

Uterus pain

Good day, about a month ago one evening I experience extreme pain in my lower back so went to the hospital and the doctor gave me a muscle relaxer injection.

A couple of hours later it has become so extreme and it spread to my stomach/uterus area, and returned to the hospital and they placed me on a couple of drips as to relieve the pain. they also took blood works and x-rays. The doctor confirmed that he cant find anything wrong so it might be a burst cyst or ovary twisting or something of that sort. I therefore went to my gynecologist the next day and the scans showed nothing out of the ordinary.

Now recently I have been experiencing similar uterus pain for 2 nights in a row now. I am waken up by the pain and it disappears after 5min.

What can cause this reoccurring pain?

It is possible that a small cyst on the ovaries has ruptured or that you are experiencing severe ovulation pain. Unfortunately, the cyst will not be visible because it has ruptured. I suggest that you reconsult your gynaecologist for an ultrasound or even a laparoscopy, where a small camera is placed inside the abdomen to evaluate the abdominal cavity to find a reason for your pain. If the pain reoccurs, you can take two Naproxen 275mg tablets to alleviate the abdominal pain. This is available over the counter.