Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2004/03/17

Q.

Uterus evacuation; when will I have my period?

Good day

I had a uterus evacuation on 25 February 2004.

I just want to know when can I expect start with my period again? When can I start having sex again? When can we start trying for another baby? How soon can I expect to get pregnant again?

(We did start having sex shortly after I had the uterus evacuation, could this be a problem?)

Expert's Reply

A.

You may miss a period and only have a period in April. Generally, you should not have sex until the bleeding has stopped or for at least 10 days after an evacuation, as there is a risk of infection to the healing womb lining.
It is recommended that you wait 3-6 months before trying for another baby, to ensure a better pregnancy outcome.

Best wsihes

12
user comments

C.

Posted by: anonymous | 2014/03/06

wetin i knw b say na God get power.

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/03/04

i did evacuation on the 13 february 2014 and it was not successful and i did another on the 21 february 2014 and im still bleeding can this affect me in having a baby and how long should i wait before i engage in sex

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/12/05

i had evacuation on 14th of November and my period came out on the 4th of December. Hope that is ok.

Posted by: ntokozo | 2013/11/03

i had a miscarriage on 26/10/2013 after i saw bleeding for 3 days, then 3 days after i went for an evacuatio M13102778433978 chekers n of uterus i want to know when can i start trying for a baby and is it safe for me to have sex with my partner even when i suspect his cheating

Reply to ntokozo
Posted by: jacky | 2013/08/11

Had evacuation in feb 3 2013, six months now no menstruation. What should I do? Wants to try again.

Reply to jacky | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/06/25

its ok

Posted by: pretty(mama mia) | 2013/06/22

i had a pregnance evacuation on 8th June 2013 i have seen yesterday lil blood drops i dont know whats it about..am little bit scarred as i am confused when i expect my period please i need your help....:)

Reply to pretty(mama mia)
Posted by: Aaliyaah | 2013/04/29

I have had the evac done 05/03/2012 and I have still not come on my cycle - I have terrible cramps with unbearable pain, gynae can only see me on 02/05/2013!!!! is this even normal to skip 2 months of my period???

Reply to Aaliyaah
Posted by: sheM | 2013/04/23

I had the prodecure on 07th Jan 2013 but till now I dont have my periods...Is there a problem with me? Please advise because I am truly confused

Reply to sheM
Posted by: sheM | 2013/04/23

Hi, I had the procedure on 07th Jan 2013 but up to now am not having my periods...is there a problem with me? Please advise because am confused

Reply to sheM
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/03/17

Hi Gogga

That's a Q I want to know aswell, I had the same procedure done also on the 25Feb. I'm very eager to try for another baby. Have already started actually. I can't take this waiting for my period to get back though. I need to work out the ovulation dates etc. again. I know they say it can take anything from 4-6weeks before you period start again. The hard part about us trying is that Hubby go's away for bus. alot and I'm talking bout anything from 1-3Months at a time without me really seeing him, so that makes it hard.

But hopefully it will happen soon, I wish and hope for this month already but we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to you and keep me posted.
Keep well!!!

Reply to Marlene
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/17

All the golden questions. Period should return in 4 - 6 weeks, sex as soon as you feel ready, most gynae's will suggest you wait 3 months before trying for a baby again and unfortunately no one can tell you when you'll fall pregnant again. We waited out the 3 months, started trying in the 4 and fell pregnant that same month, see keep your chin high, you never know.

Reply to Wendy

Want to comment?