Question
Posted by: Geraldina | 2010-11-12

Uterus

My Doc told me I have an enlarged uterus. She did a scan and there are no growths. Also had a papsmear. Await results. I am 33 have children (born naturally). I am suffering from heavy periods. Why is my uterus enlarged. Should I be concerned?

There are a number of causes of an enlarged uterus - fibroids, adenomyosis, childbirth. You doctor will be able to give you more information depending on the findings on examination and scan.

2
Posted by: Sandy | 2010-11-15

I am 32. have 3 children (caesarean sections) and bled heavily after the last for a long time. went to gynae, did ultrasound, have an enlarged uterus. tried to do an endometrial ablation, which failed. am now scheduled to have hysterectomy. please let me know what your doctors findings were. good luck

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-14