Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010/11/09

Uterine Prolapse

I have a prolapsed uterus, and require a hysterectomy. Could you advise what the total cost would be at a private hospital. (Not on med aid)

You would have to check with the hospital about their costs, but the total might be about R20 000.

3
Posted by: Mary | 2010/11/11

For that cost, you might as well go to a state hospital and get it done for free if you don''t have a medical aid. If you are in Pretoria, apparently the hospital in Laudium is very good with state patience and the doctors are also good.

Reply to Mary

Posted by: Janice | 2010/11/10

I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and the hospital bill was about R25K. The Gynae was about R6K and the Anaethetist was about R3k.

Reply to Janice