Question
Posted by: Cath | 2009/07/21

Uterine Lining

Hi. I am worried. I have been on Clomid and am now on day 13 of my cycle. I have one follicle of 21mm and another 17mm. However, my lining is 5mm. The doc is hoping that we can hold off ovulation till day 15, but I might end up needing IUI on day 14 already. Should I be very concerned?
Cath

Dear Cath

One could possibly hold of ovulation till day 15 to try and see if the lining thickens. However it is a well-documented fact that the use of Clomid in some individuals will result in a much thinner lining and a thinner lining is often related to a decrease in the rate of implantation. If one has a persistent thin lining on Clomid then you should rather use FSH injections for stimulation.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: ZAAHEDA | 2009/08/05

HI. I HAVE MISCARRIED TWICE BOTH AT 7/8 WEEKS. I THEN HAD A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY CARRIED TO 37 WEEKS BUT WITH SPOTTING DURING THE FIRST TRIMESTER. I RECENTLY SUFFERED ANOTHER MISCARRIAGE AT 7/8 WEEKS.
COULD THEIR BE A REASON OR UNDERLYING PROBLEM THAT I MASCARRY AT THIS POINT.I AM FEELING VERY DESPONDENT AND NOT QUITE SURE WHAT MY NEXT STEP SHOULD BE.

Reply to ZAAHEDA
Posted by: gonna | 2009/07/21

that is the only negative thing I had lost of follicles doc was very happy but my lining was so thin that it did not work for me.... he will give you something after he did the IUI to help your lining, my doc was happy to if the lining was 7mm HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU Just stay positive and relax after you did the IUI

Reply to gonna