Question
Posted by: shandre | 2009/12/09

USN products

I' m a 25 yr old female, 5ft 5 and weigh 55kgs. I' m not concerned with my weight but rather by my body fat percentage which is 26%. I' ve done everything from diets to exercise and just can' t seem to bring the % down or more specifically lose the ' tire'  i have around my mid section.

I eat a very healthy diet, lots of veg, high protein, no fizzy drinks or even fruit juice, low GI and try to stay away from refined carbs.
I exercise 3 times a week, either swimming 1km or an hour long yoga/aerobics class, i even do sit ups every night before bed, but i just cant lose the weight around my mid section or tone it up!

I' m considering trying the USN products, halving the daily dosage as i' m not too happy about using stimulants but i' m getting very frustrated with the lack of results with healthy eating and exercise!

I know its not safe but can you recommend any other alternatives??

Dear Shandre
Seeing that your present BMI = 20,2 which is already below the ideal for your height and the fact that you do plenty of exercise, I cannot visualise that you have a "spare tyre". If you do have any fat deposits on your midsection and they have not disappeared with the kind of diet you use and the exercise, then taking slimming pills and potions will also not shift weight from one specific part of the body. According to Prof Tim Noakes the normal body fat % of women who are not elite athletes is 24%, so I would query the method used to determine your body fat % if you are already down to a BMI of 20. The only options for the removal of body fat in specific parts of the body, are liposuction and/or tummy tucks. Consult a plastic surgeon who specialises in these procedures if nothing else works.

1

Dear Shandre