Posted by: Darren | 2009-07-02

usn muscle fuel

Dear fitnessdoc I am an adult male in my early 30s. I would like to know if u think the usn muscle fuel supplement is a safe product to use. Also, will it help build more muscle, and are there any bad side effects? Thank you

No I don't. I don't think it's worth the risk, given that it's never been tested or evaluated, and that what is in the box is hardly ever the same as what is written on the label. Unfortunately, the supplement industry is completely unregulated, and companies can sell what they want to. Research a few years ago found that a lot of supplements contain products that they shouldn't, and that what is supposed to be present is not.

So it's a lottery.

More to the point, there's no basis for needing it, if your diet is optimal. If you feel you desperately need a supplement, then a protein shake is probably the safest thing to take, but there are better quality products than this - Nestle bring one out.

The key is that all the supplements in the world won't build muscle - training does, and until you've exhausted all the training options, then supplements should not be used.

Posted by: Darren | 2009-07-06

Thank you for the advice. much appreciated

Reply to Darren