Question
Posted by: Atos | 2010-02-15

USN Carb block

How effective is this? and also its counter part fat block

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Atos,

Is there a specific reason why you are taking these supplements?

The USN carb block or fat block claims that is can block the absorption of either carbohydrates or fat, but there is currently NO scientific evidence supporting these claims. The best advice I can give you is to see a registered dietitian to help you achieve your nutrition goals!

Good luck and enjoy the day,
Kind Regards,
Sunita

3

When you could still get USN Carb Block, I used to take the capsules before eating something like macaroni and cheese or a bowl of pasta and sauce. Usually about a half an hour after I've eaten pasta, I would be so tired and just wanted to sleep. But when taking these capsules before I eat the mac and cheese, I would feel fine after I've eaten, no tiredness or feeling lethargic! It really works!

Posted by: draad | 2010-03-31

I am a rugby player who weight in at 84.60kg 28yrs old BMI 27 I need to gain weight and creatine was recommended is this the best choice as the training that we do made me lose weight, was 91kg in preseason (Oct '' 09)

Reply to draad
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010-02-22

Dear Atos,

Good luck and enjoy the day,
Kind Regards,
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition