Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2011/07/11

usn 12 week transformation

Hi doc

What is your view regarding the USN 12 week challenge? What happen after 12 weeks? Must you drink USN suppliments forever.
I am desperate to get rid of 8 - 10 kilo''s and it feel like i am stuck and not getting anywhere. I am doing the low gi low fat. But results are slow. I am also insulen resistant.

Any body can give feedback regarding this. Will appreciate.

Hi Annemarie

I think you need to be careful about generic diets. They often work, sure, but there are better ways to go about it, and the problem, as you've picked up, is sustainability - after 12 weeks, you have to keep going. And the problem with packaged diets is that they often do radical things, things that are not sustainable. And if I'm blunt, the USN diet is really just an excuse to promote supplement use. They push the diet to push the sales.

What you need to do, in my opinion, especially given your insulin resistance, is to spend the money you might have used on supplements on a good diet instead - see a dietician, get the right concepts in place, because that is sustainable. And long term!

Ross

3
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/07/24

Hi Annemarie

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: ann | 2011/07/15

PVS. Thanks. Would you mind if i ask you to email me. I will understand if you prevere not to annemariedup at absa dot coza

Reply to ann
Posted by: PVS | 2011/07/15

As soon as you stop the program and not eat accordingly to your callorie intake vs your callorie expenditure you will go back to the way you where before. USN is a lie as you can do it all with the cerrect diet and motivation you do not need suplements to lose the weight or gain weight. They are preying on the weak and uninformed, Go see a nutrisionist for half the price and get it all in order correctly.

Reply to PVS