Question
Posted by: Janey | 2009/01/10

USN 12 week challenge

I keep seeing very tempting ads for the USN 12 week Challenge whereby you buy the box of l' m not sure what from the chemist and supposedly transform yourself in twelve weeks.
I am always wary of these fast solutiuons and l was just wondering what your views on them were. I excercise a lot but also enjoy my food. I think l have a healthy balance but would obviously love to lose a bit and look like the people on the box!
Also- in terms of keeping the body you have acheived- what are the long term effects of going on a programme like that one. You always see the initial results but vert rarely do they tell you what you' ll need to do/take after the goal has been acheived? What can one expect long term?
Sorry for the essay!!! Regards and looking forward to an answer.

HI Janey

I'd save my money. You're right to be wary of these things, they're unregulated marketing, huge propaganda and not worth spending money on. The supplement industry is completely unregulated, it has no authority overseeing the claims made and as a result, claims are made that are quite ridiculous. There is also no testing on the products, and so no one knows whether they work, or whether they are safe. Long term? WHo knows? Certainly not the manufacturer.

So the best bet is to rather spend that money sorting out diet by seeing a dietician, getting onto a good exercise programme and investing time in training with discipline.

11
Posted by: Rene76 | 2016/03/23

Anybody that says or think it's a quick fix obviously never did this challenge before. U really have to be dedidcated to your diet and training otherwise you won't see the results. And the supplements does help you to give you that extra push

Reply to Rene76
Posted by: Rene76 | 2016/03/23

Reply to Rene76
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/20

My friend did the challenge twice! It is not a quick fix! By far! She did the challenge twice. Went to Gym everyday. Followed a diet that was recommended by a nutritionist. SHE JUST PLACED SECOND IN MISS FITNESS!!!!

Posted by: Work Lady | 2015/02/02

A lady here at work has been on the 12 week programme and its worked for her, she looks really great, she said of all the challenges this is the best by far. i'm really thinking about doing it.

Reply to Work Lady
Posted by: Gee | 2014/03/11

For me supplements are just motivation really......if they dont work well i believe they just push me....and yes after that you'll have to stay commited to a healthy diet and training programme just like a dietician would tell you!!!

Reply to Gee
Posted by: Nomy | 2009/01/15

I just bought the starter pack this week but I feel there' s too much eating by the time I get to meal 3 im so full and I go to gym in the afternoon. The Shakes for me tastes so horrible, I want to vomit, well im in day 4 of the programme and im tired. when I saw all the people who went on the trandformation on the usn web, I thought to myself if they can do it I can!!!

Im planning to give it my best shot

Reply to Nomy
Posted by: Janey | 2009/01/13

Thanks everyone- l agree with everything you have said from both opinions. All l really want to know is: does one have to take supplements for the rest of one' s life after this? I mean USN, and not be able to skip gym once in a while? I wish there was more reading one could do but hopefully one of you has an answer?
Thanks very much for the replys.

Reply to Janey
Posted by: Shan | 2009/01/13

Personally, I would steer away from these kinds of " fixes" . In my opinion it' s an explotative industry that capitalises on people' s dreamy expectations where they are often left disappointed. Also, taking any form of supplementation that hasn' t been " proven"  in terms of long term effects is probably not a wise move!

If you are looking at doing a 12 week programme, rather spend your time, resources and money changing your lifestyle without supplementation. Perhaps consider consulting a trainer and/or a dietician to get you started on a healthy plan rather than buying into promises that don' t serve your individual needs.

If you eat healthily and exercise then why would you need to take supplements? I' ve tried USN products before and they only work with a healthy diet and exercise but this is exactly what is required to acheive a healthy lifestyle so why take supplements? Also, I experienced side effects like shaking and dehydration when I was on some of the products.

This is just my opinion and i' m not expert but I thought I' d share my experience with you. Good luck with the transformation.

Shan

Reply to Shan
Posted by: Boyscout | 2009/01/13

Hi Janey

The 12 week program is by no means a " quick fix" , it takes very hard work and discipline. It not only transforms your body but your mind and lifestyle too.

If you change your lifestyle (ie exercise regularly and eat properly) the results will be permanent. Dont expect to finish the 12 week program and thats it, you keep the body you worked so hard for it will take a shift in eating habits and regular exercise.

After about week 4 I no longer craved the food I ate before I started, its a whole shift...mental and physical. The exercise also becomes fun!

If you want to do it commit to it 110% and just do it, you wont regret it!

Good luck!  -)

Reply to Boyscout | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Leona | 2015/01/06

Hi Boyscout Thank you for your comment... alot of people just assume everything is a quick fix but the usn program requires dedication because you do alot of gyming. I want to purchase the starter pack but needed to find out what others thought. Quick fixes are diet pills, which I've tried and hasn't worked. I'm tired of not being able to be active because I'm unfit. thank you.. I'm going to do the challenge. USN has been around for years. If you try something that hasn't proven to be safe and produce results then its understandable, but this is something that motivates you and assists you in changing your lifestyle.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/01/11

I don' t drink any pills just the Shakes when I don' t have time to eat, lost my appitite, don' t have money for food, ect. So its a very handy, great tasting nutritional food as its ful of vit. and protien that might prevent muscle loss ....

Reply to Zexeon