Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2011/10/07

USN 12 week body transformation body pack

Hi Fitness Doc

I saw on the TV the other day about this fitness programme from USN and I wasn''t sure if it would a wise decision to join in. I am a little cautious when it comes to fitness suplements and protein shakes. But I thought, why not give it try??? What advice can you give me about it...

Hi Charlie

Well, I think a 12-week training programme is a great idea, but I share your reservations about the diet and the supplements. Those companies are clever (or sneaky, depending how you view it) in that they recognize the value of exercise (no miracle cures) but then they add on the supplements and shakes as "essential" so that you have to spend money. Because exercise is free (it's really hard to make money selling 12-week programmes!).

So I think the concept of a 12-week plan is great. We have a number of those on the Fitness page of this site (http://www.health24.com/fitness/Programmes/16-1347.asp), and there are programmes all over the internet that I would say are as good, without the supplements.

So my advice is go for the programme, but don't spend the money on the supplements. Rather spend it seeing a dietician, once off, get a sound eating plan (we eat FOOD, not NUTRIENTS) and that's what you need!

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/10/13

Hi Charlie

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc