Question
Posted by: TRB | 2011/06/23

USING THE PILL INCORRECTLY

I have been with my boyfriend for the past nine years and have been on the pill the whole time. At first, I was put on the pill when I was very young to help with Acne and have been on it ever since. My boyfriend and I are very cautious and use condoms as well. My main concern is that I often miss pills or skips even weeks on end as I am unable to get to the Doc and pick up my prescription (We are both very busy). At this point in time, I am clearly not using the pill as a contraceptive, because I am not taking it correctly, but I am concerned that not taking it properly could affect my health or the ability to fall pregant when I need to. Please advise. Thanks

It will not affect your health or ability to fall pregnnat, but it will not protect you from falling pregnant if you miss so many pills. Why don't you try something else such as the injection or IUCD.

1