Question
Posted by: FAITH | 2008/08/04

USING FERTOMID FOR A YEAR?

I M TTC- HAVE BEEN ON FERTOMID FOR 8 MNTHS ALREADY-NO LUCK. MY DOC SAYS ITS FINE TO USE THIS DRUG FOR A YEAR. IS THIS TRUE? I M SO CONFUSED COS I M WORRIED ABOUT D SIDE EFFECTS.
SHOULD I CONSULT ANOTHER DOC? IS THERE ANY OTHER MEDICATION I CAN TAKE?

Dear Faith

It is certainly unwise to continue using Fertomid for such prolonged periods. In general, a full and thorough investigation for your fertility problem needs to be undertaken. This would include a careful hormone evaluation as well as an evaluation of the patency of the fallopian tubes. A semen analysis is also mandatory and once the cause or causes of the fertility problem has been established, the appropriate treatment should be instituted. Fertomid is not a one solution fits all medication and is not without risk.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim