Question
Posted by: jessey | 2008/09/09

using donor eggs

dear dr

I was diagnosed with severe endo.
I will soon be making use of donor eggs, through a fertility clinic. The donor is 31 years of age, have 2 children of her own. Is the donor to old. did egg sharing with a ivf patient, 3 five day embroys transfered, unfortunately I had an early miscarriage. Could the miscarriage be because of my severe endo, although my own eggs was not transfered.

Dear Jessey

The donor of 31 years old is not too old for an egg donation program. In an egg donation program, if a miscarriage has occurred it is more likely not to be due to your severe endometriosis and possibly more likely due to a chromosomal abnormality of the embryo that caused the miscarriage which is the major cause of miscarriages in most people.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo