Posted by: Jarred | 2009-09-01

Using creatine? Lifting weights

What are your views of using creatine? My goal is to build muscle and look defined. Should you use it with a whey protein shake and will it help me get my desired results?
I also wish to know whats the best nutrional information I could get whilst building muscle and trying to reduce body fat?

Hi Jarred

I wouldn't use it, to be honest. NOt until you've exhausted every other avenue first. there's a good chance you're just going to be wasting money, because there are people who respond and people who don't, and you would be spending a lot of money with relatively little return. The other problem is that the supplement by itself is meaningless, you have to combine it with training and so if you don't have the training 100% right, then it's also a poor way to spend the money.

So my advice is to sort out your training and then consider it much later. Using it earlier won't make too much difference.

The best thing you can do, if you have R300 to spend, is see a really good dietician who will give you the structure from diet that you'll need into the future. Tht would be a wise investment.

Posted by: Jarred | 2009-09-06

I have been training for over 3 months and im getting results but im not really putting on muscle mass?

Reply to Jarred