Posted by: Le Grizz | 2008-11-16

Using a gun for self defense

Hi Morne,

I know that most people talk about unarmed combat on this forum. However I believe that in the country we live in with the insane level of violent crime that a martial art is not sufficient. How can one expect to defend himself in his home when 3 armed criminals are chasing him through the house.

What is your opinion on carrying and using a gun for self defense?

Do you train in combat shooting?

Do you carry a gun on a daily basis for self defense?

Expert ImageSelf defence expert

Hi Le Grizz,

Thank you for your contribution.
We live in a country which is known for it's violent crime. Statistically we are one of the worst in the world, and we all know how accurate our statistics are. As a resident civilian you are allowed to own a licensed firearm, don't be invited twice....get one.

Yes i do train and teach Combat Shooting and more so tactical firearm training for urban and home safety. IT is important that you don't just learn how to shoot a gun but actually expose yourself to tactical force on force training to be able to stand a better chance to survive a high level violent situation.

Yes i do carry a firearm. I ensure daily access depending on where, when, with who and other factors involved

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Le Grizz | 2008-12-22

Thanks for replying to my question

Reply to Le Grizz