Posted by: Buffled | 2010-06-01

Used a condom..but now 8 weeks preggies

Not sure how it happened...nor can my partner say...and now he is not even talking to me as if I am one to be blamed for all this. As much as my baby was not planned..I am really excited..this is my first preganancy.
Has anyone ever experienced a baby conceived this way?
8 weeks and baby is due on my birthday!

Condoms are not very safe and failures are common.

Posted by: Zama | 2010-06-04

CONGRATULATIONS!! It happened to me with my first daughter. it was quite a surprise

Reply to Zama
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-03

Posted by: Nomsa | 2010-06-02

Congratulations on your pregnancy and for embracing it!

Remember that you can always make it work, with or without the help of a supportive partner. There are many resources available.

There are many websites which provide so much information on pregnancy and baby care. My favourite is ''babycentre''. Go to google and type it in, it should be the first one. They provide a lot of advice from parents and experts.
Pregnancy and baby magazines also have a lot of information and often they include samples of baby products, which are very useful!

Enjoy every second and best of luck! xxx

Reply to Nomsa
Posted by: Buffled | 2010-06-02

Thank you for the comment...Ia m definitely embracing the seed growing in me and have decided that I am not going to feel depressed about someone that isnt yet sure about what he wants.

Reply to Buffled
Posted by: PUrple | 2010-06-02

Tell your partner to grow up and snap out of his childishness.

Condoms are only 97 percent or something like that reliable so you can fall pregnant using a condom. It could have expired or had a tiny hole, or slipped off, or not been put on early enough.

Best of luck with your pregnancy. Get yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  its brilliant. Get " Fab Dad"  for your partner - it''s short, to the point, well written and quite funny.

Reply to PUrple