Question
Posted by: Rachel | 2009/10/06

Use of Probiotics

I would like to know if you should continuously use this or if there is a specific period...... I do have a spastic colon, excercise regularly and try to follow a health diet.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Rachel

You can certainly use probiotics continuously. There are many benefits to using certain probiotics for long periods of time. Some indications to use them for longer are the benefits to your gut health, preventing diarrhoea, improving nutrient absorption, and then some probiotics offer immune health benefits that may help to prevent minor infections and illnesses.

If you have found a probiotic that assists your spastic colon, you can certainly continue with it for as long as you need to.

4
Posted by: Delene | 2009/12/03

To all of you using probiotics - please try the new VSL#3 probiotic SACHETS (not capsules) Your pharmacist will have to order it for you. It does not come cheap, but please believe me when I tell you that it has done wonders for my gluten intolerant daughter who is gluten intolerant and had approx 10-12 bouts of heavy diarrhea PER DAY for months on end. She kept on losing weight and I could see my child wasting away. A Gastroentorologist suggested VSL#3 to us and after using this for 8 months, all the cramping and runny tummy have disappeared! She still follows her strict gluten free diet, but at least she gained weight and feels healthy and confident.
To her this was a miracle probiotic! Don' t give up after a month or two - please keep going. My daughter still take 2 sachets a day. One in the morning before breakfast and one before supper. Mix it into anything except carbonated drinks.
My best wishes to all of you - I know how debilitating your problem can be.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Probiotics Expert | 2009/10/23

Dear Rachel

Reply to Probiotics Expert
Posted by: karen | 2009/10/07

you can definitely use probiotics for an indefinite period. it is 100% safe. i also have a spastic colon and have been using LP299V for 1 year now and i feel like a new person. no more stomach cramps and bloatedness. you should try it.

xxx

Reply to karen
Posted by: Rachel | 2009/10/06

I am also gluten &  yeast intollerant as far as I am aware.

Reply to Rachel