Question
Posted by: Kim | 2008/12/13

Use of power plate after surgery

Please can you tell me how soon one can start using the power plate or similar machine after surgery (breast reconstruction)?

HI Kim

It's anyone's guess - no one has ever looked at the safety of the Power Plate or even the risks of using it. It's under-researched, and so there's no "KNOWN" guideline as to when exercise on it becomes safe again. I'd say that you need to wait at least long enough that you're ready to jog before you consider the Powerplate. If you can jog, then the Powerplate should be fine.