Question
Posted by: Luisa | 2012/07/31

Use of Parabens on the skin

Dear Dr Burger

I have SLE and cant not go in the sun. I have been using self tanning products for many years and heard some concern about the use of parabens in these products. I dont know much about these ingredients used in self tanners. Should I be concerned about long term effects on the skin or my health?

Kind Regards
Luisa

Luisa

It is said that it can pose a health risk but there are no real concrete evidence. Tanning lotions can be beneficial in the long term, as it promotes skin vitality. If you are concerned about the parabens, use a product that is free of this substance.