Question
Posted by: girlie | 2009-01-20

Urine. Pls help

This has only been happening recently but each morning when I go to the toilet my urine has a very strong smell. The next time I need the toilet there is no smell at all. It only happens after I have slept through the night and then I go to the toilet in the morning. I have heard that sometimes urine has an ammonia smell but this is the first time I am noticing something different with my urine so I am not sure what it could be. I' m in a relationship but we use condoms at all times.

Another question I' d like answered is that is it possible to suddenly have feqruent urination caused by sex? It happened once where I had sex and the next day I had continuous urges to go to the toilet. It was so bad but only a few drops would come out. Eventually it stopped and I was back to normal but now when I need the toilet I can still hold it in but it' s still a strong urge to urinate. I haven' t had any accidents where I wasn' t able to control myself.

I' m 23 years, female. I look forward to your reply. Tks.

Dear Girlie
The smell is caused by bacteria in the urine, so you may have a slight urine tract infection. If the urine is not burning, and you don't have blood in the urine or dark urine during the day, try to increase your water intake. Sex can cause irritation/bruising of the urine tube and can also cause bacteria to get into the bladder, so can cause bladder infection. With all these symptoms I think you should have your urine tested for infection

1

concentrated urine, don' t need the bathroom often, sweat staining clothes, some water retention