Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2011-12-08

Urine in the morning

Thanks Doc for your response. I actually noticed yesterday that his urine is dark yellow/tan late afternoon as well. About 3 years ago, when he was 12 he had a kidney stone - he was on a drip in hospital etc. I have asked him to drink more water - 6 glasses a day. He does not have any other symptoms ie. pain, etc. ?

Tessa

I suggest that he consults a doctor for an examination and urine analysis, to rule out an infection or kidney stones. A 24 hour creatinin clearance test can be done to evaluate his kidney function. Your doctor can also ask for an ultrasound of his kidneys to exclude larger kidney stones.