Question
Posted by: Tessa | 2011-12-06

Urine dark in morning

I noticed that my 15 teen son urine in the mornings is quite dark in colour (not too dark, but dark orange). The rest of the day his urine is normal - clear. Should i have him checked out?

Tessa

It is absolutely normal for urine to appear darker in colour in the morning, than during the day, as the urine is more concentrated in the morning.

1
Posted by: Tessa | 2011-12-07

Thanks Doc. I actually noticed yesterday that his urine is dark yellow/tan late afternoon as well. About 3 years ago, when he was 12 he had a kidney stone - he was on a drip in hospital etc. I have asked him to drink more water - 6 glasses a day. ?

Reply to Tessa