Question
Posted by: Urine Trouble | 2009-04-19

Urine / Burning Problem

Wondering whether you could help me. I had a bad urine infection a few weeks ago which was treated with an antibiotic. Since then I have been experiencing buring before urination and during the course of the day. I was given more antibiotics and then a culture was taken which came out negative for infection. It was then assumed that I had thrush. I went to my gynae and they did a pap smear and an internal ultrasound and everything came out normal. I am still experiencing this burning sensation and was wondering what you would recommend or what you think it might be? I have has a urine culture done again and it came back negative again.

I do have bad IBS as well, and was wondering whether this could be related at all or what you would suggest? Getting a bit worried about this. Thanks,.

I suggest that you consult a urologist to have tests done to determine the cause for your symptoms.