Question
Posted by: Selma | 2010-05-02

Urine

I would like to know how long the substance is traceable in your urine. Some website say 30 days, others 5-7days. Which do I believe. My son says 6 weeks. I would like to test him regularly but are unsure of the time involved. He told me he stopped but I would still like to test him on a regular base.

The substance ? It depends on which substance, and if you know its name ( preferably its chemical name ) you could do a google search and look it up. And it depends on whether the lab doing the urine test is looking for that particular substance, as they obviously can't look for everything every time they test urine.
If you are referring to substance abuse, and your son taking something he should not be taking, he should be nder treatment from a proper clinic / expert in that area, who could tell you what's the best interval for such testing. And whatver lab is doing the tests could also advise, as results sometimes depend on the specific method they use

1